Are you ready for the Alaskan fishing trip of a lifetime? First, set your dates. Next, book your airline tickets. Alaska Airlines flies to Sitka from Seattle, Washington. Then start packing. We're excited to see you!
- Courtesy transportation to and from the airport as well as transportation around Sitka
- Fishing 10 hours dock-to-dock with an experienced U.S.C.G. licensed Captain and crew
- All quality fishing equipment, tackle and bait
- Full rain gear (size S-4XL) and boots (size 4-17)
- Fishing license and King Salmon stamp
- Hot breakfasts, lunches and hearty evening meals featuring fresh Alaskan wild seafood
- Clean and comfortable waterfront lodging accommodations with private baths
- Fish processing, vacuum packaging, freezing and boxing of all your catch at no extra cost
- A Seafood & Desserts cookbook w/ lodge favorites
- Free, secured Wireless Internet access
- Guest computers with Internet/Email access
- Free laundry facilities for your convenience
- Genuine Alaskan Hospitality
- An Enjoyable and Memorable Alaskan Experience
What to Bring on Your Trips to Alaska:
Pack as lightly as possible, so you can minimize the cost of checked luggage, because your processed catch will be coming home with you on the plane. We recommend traveling to Sitka with a carry-on only. You will be staying in our Alaska lodge, where you can dress casual and be comfortable. While we furnish the foul weather gear and boots some items you may want to consider are:
- Warm clothing you can "layer" for easy adjustment to weather changes and temperature swings.
- Comfortable tennis shoes or hiking boots
- Good thick socks, or wool socks
- Warm jacket with hood
- Stocking cap (fleece or other)
- Breathable polypropylene undergarment
- Waterproof gloves
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and lip balm
- Fleece vest
- Long sleeve T-shirt or sweatshirt
- Seasick medication (if needed)
- Hearty appetite
BAGGAGE FEE INFO UPDATE: If you buy your airline ticket for next summer BEFORE October 30th, current baggage fees ($20 for the first three checked bags each under 50 pounds and $50 for each additional bag) will still be applicable to your trip. This is another way to save because baggage fees will be increasing.
Baggage fees will increase for all tickets purchased AFTER October 29th. For tickets purchased on or after October 30th: The checked baggage fee will increase to $25 for the first checked bag, $25 for the second bag, and $75 for each additional bag.
For a more in-depth review of baggage fees, please visit the Alaska Airlines website
Transportation to Sitka, Alaska:
Sitka has direct jet service via Alaska Airlines. It takes about 3 hours to get here from Seattle, Washington. There is also vehicle access on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry system. Common start-points on the ferry are from Bellingham, Washington and Prince Rupert, British Columbia. (Transportation to Sitka is not included in the package rates.)
Transportation while in Sitka:
Wild Strawberry Lodge is located within easy walking distance from the main shopping street in downtown Sitka. If you prefer to ride, we will be happy to drive you locally wherever you would like to go. We will show you everything that beautiful Sitka, Alaska has to offer!
We have great deals on Alaska salmon and halibut charters and are taking reservations for summer 2014!
Choosing the Perfect Fishing Trip
We have been in business for two decades because we are attuned to what makes the difference between just "okay" Alaska charters and fabulous ones! So we were invited to write an article for the Huntin' Fool Magazine about specific things to look for before booking a charter fishing trip.
The article tells what you can expect from an Alaska fishing charter. It contains a lot of useful information to consider, such as how you'll get to your destination, where you'll stay, what you'll eat and the all important: what the fishing is like. To learn more, read the entire PDF article by clicking here.
ALASKA PREMIER CHARTERS, INC.
dba Wild Strawberry Lodge
|Company:||Alaska Premier Charters, Inc.|
|Contact Person:||Theresa Weiser|
|Mail to:||P.O. Box 2300, Sitka, Alaska 99835|
|Ship to:||724 Siginaka Way, Sitka, Alaska 99835|
To confirm your dates for fishing, a $1,000 deposit of the total package cost per person is required within 14 days of the day you make your reservation. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival at Wild Strawberry Lodge. All Deposits and Moneys received are non-refundable for cancellations within 60 days of your scheduled trip, unless your canceled dates can be refilled. A $100 administrative fee per person will be assessed for all refunds. Changes in confirmed reservation dates are considered cancellations and are subject to the cancellation policy.
We strongly recommend buying trip insurance if there is any possibility of cancellation.