Are you ready for the Alaskan fishing trip of a lifetime? First, set your dates. Next, book your airline tickets. Alaska Airlines flies to Sitka from Seattle, Washington. Then start packing. We're excited to see you!
What to Bring on Your Trips to Alaska:
Pack as lightly as possible, so you can minimize the cost of checked luggage, because your processed catch will be coming home with you on the plane. We recommend traveling to Sitka with a carry-on only. You will be staying in our Alaska lodge, where you can dress casual and be comfortable. While we furnish the foul weather gear and boots some items you may want to consider are:
- Warm jacket and warm clothing you can "layer" for easy adjustment to weather changes and temperature swings.
- Comfortable tennis shoes or hiking boots
- Good thick socks, or wool socks
- Warm jacket with hood
- Stocking cap
- Breathable polypropylene undergarment
- Waterproof gloves
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and lip balm
- Fleece vest
- Long sleeve T-shirt or sweatshirt
- Seasick medication (if needed)
- Hearty appetite
* NOTE: The baggage requirements for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are as follows: regular passengers will be charged $20 for each checked bag (up to 50 lbs., up to three bags) at the time of check-in by Alaska Airlines. First two checked bags are free for MVP and first class passengers. Please call Alaska Airlines directly at 1-800-252-7522 or view their website for baggage information.
Transportation to Sitka, Alaska:
Sitka has direct jet service via Alaska Airlines. It takes about 3 hours to get here from Seattle, Washington. There is also vehicle access on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry system. Common start-points on the ferry are from Bellingham, Washington, and Prince Rupert, British Columbia. (Transportation to Sitka is not included in the package rates.)
Transportation while in Sitka:
Wild Strawberry Lodge is located within easy walking distance from the main shopping street in downtown Sitka. If you prefer to ride, we will be happy to drive you locally wherever you would like to go. We can bring you Alaska bear viewing, as well as show you other Alaska adventures!
We have great deals on Alaska salmon and halibut charters and are taking reservations for summer 2013!
Choosing the Perfect Fishing Trip
We have been in business for two decades because we are attuned to what makes the difference between just "okay" Alaska charters and fabulous ones! So we were invited to write an article for the Huntin' Fool Magazine about specific things to look for before booking a charter fishing trip.
The article tells what you can expect from an Alaska fishing charter. It contains a lot of useful information to consider, such as how you'll get to your destination, where you'll stay, what you'll eat and the all important: what the fishing is like. To learn more, read the entire PDF article by clicking here.
ALASKA PREMIER CHARTERS, INC.
dba Wild Strawberry Lodge
|Company:||Alaska Premier Charters, Inc.|
|Contact Person:||Theresa Weiser|
|Mail to:||P.O. Box 2300, Sitka, Alaska 99835|
|Ship to:||724 Siginaka Way, Sitka, Alaska 99835|