Are you ready for the Alaskan fishing trip of a lifetime? First, set your dates. Next, book your airline tickets. Then start packing. We’re excited to see you!
What to Bring on Your Trips to Alaska
Pack as lightly as possible, so you can minimize the cost of checked luggage, because your processed catch will be coming home with you on the plane. We recommend traveling to Sitka with a carry-on only. You will be staying in our Alaska lodge, where you can dress casual and be comfortable. While we furnish the foul weather gear and boots some items you may want to consider are:
- Warm jacket and warm clothing you can “layer” for easy adjustment to weather changes and temperature swings
- Comfortable tennis shoes or hiking boots
- Good thick socks, or wool socks
- Warm jacket with hood
- Stocking cap
- Breathable polypropylene undergarment
- Waterproof gloves
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and lip balm
- Fleece vest
- Long sleeve T-shirt or sweatshirt
- Seasick medication (if needed)
- Hearty appetite
* NOTE: Generally speaking if you ONLY fly on Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air, baggage requirements for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are as follows: regular passengers will be charged $25 for each of the first two checked bags (up to 50 lbs.) and $75 for each additional bag at the time of check-in by Alaska Airlines. First two checked bags are free for MVP and first class passengers. Please call Alaska Airlines directly at 1-800-252-7522 or view their website for baggage information.
Please call Delta Airlines at 1-888-750-3284 or view their website for baggage information.
Transportation to Sitka, Alaska
Sitka has direct jet service via Alaska Airlines, which flies year-round to Sitka from Seattle, Washington. Delta Airlines has only one flight per day from June 1st through August 31st. It takes about 3 hours to get here from Seattle, Washington. There is also vehicle access on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry system. Common start-points on the ferry are from Bellingham, Washington, and Prince Rupert, British Columbia. (Transportation to Sitka is not included in the package rates.)
Transportation while in Sitka
Wild Strawberry Lodge is located within easy walking distance from the main shopping street in downtown Sitka. If you prefer to ride, we will be happy to drive you locally wherever you would like to go. We can bring you Alaska bear viewing, as well as show you other Alaska adventures!
We have great deals on Alaska salmon and halibut charters and are taking reservations for summer 2018 and 2019!
Choosing the Perfect Fishing Trip
We have been in business for over 28 years. Our experience has allowed us to become attuned to what makes the difference between just “okay” Alaska charters and fabulous ones! So we were invited to write an article for the Huntin’ Fool Magazine about specific things to look for before booking a charter fishing trip.
The article tells what you can expect from an Alaska fishing charter. It contains a lot of useful information to consider, such as:
- How you’ll get to your destination
- Where you’ll stay
- What you’ll eat
- What the fishing is like
To learn more, read the entire PDF article by clicking here.
ALASKA PREMIER CHARTERS, INC.
dba Wild Strawberry Lodge
Company: Alaska Premier Charters, Inc.
Contact Person: Theresa Weiser, Owner
Mail to: P.O. Box 2300, Sitka, Alaska 99835
Ship to: 724 Siginaka Way, Sitka, Alaska 99835
Toll Free: 1-800-770-2628
Office: (907) 747-3232
Fax: (907) 747-3646